Friday, January 1, 2010

The Story Of 2010

01.01.10


Another year.

2009 went by at warp speed and I must say, it was a pretty good year; much better than the previous two, that’s for sure. It was the ‘year of surprises’. When 1/1 hit the calendar 12 months ago and that theme jumped out at me, I had no idea what it meant. I never could have predicted or dreamed up all the surprises that came my way in 2009.


Today the calendar starts over again and this time, it’s a fresh decade as well as a new day and a new year. Like opening to the first crisp page of a brand new notebook, the next 12 months are unknown, unwritten and the story could go any which way. I love the clean, unmarked first page of a new notebook, I know I’m weird but something about the unlimited possibilities of what could be written there brings a sense of hope into all that has already been written, and gives courage for all that is yet to be, whether it be good, bad or a little of both.

In thinking about what 2010 looks like right now, before anything has been written on the first page; all I know is that there’s so much I don’t know. One thing I do know is that this year will have a story. The plot, the conflict and the theme will be developed as the days turn to months and time starts to scribble this thing out. The setting, the characters and the point of view may look different 365 days from now but that’s what makes it life.

The story of 2010 is untold today but I’m ready to see how it unfolds.

Let’s get this party started! 

No comments: