Saturday, August 16, 2008

Parallels Revealed

Much of my existence is spent in a state of contemplation, or at least a variation of it. I’m always investigating the hidden meaning behind things that happen and I find myself keeping watch for what is overlooked. Most of the time, this helps me connect the dots of otherwise random nonsense but this ingrained little mechanism in me becomes a burden some days.

Because I believe that much of what happens in the observable world is a parallel to the supernatural world, I find that everyday there are lessons that I miss due to simply being oblivious. There are clues in the course of routine and mundane everyday life that beckon us to a greater understanding of the mysteries of God if only we will tune into them.

The burden comes when a one of those gentle mysteries is realized and I “get it” but I don’t know how to make something happen or worse yet, CANNOT make something happen.

“We plan the way we want to live, but only God makes us able to live it.” Prov. 16:9

No comments: