Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Appreciation Aplenty

I am thankful for my life. (Even though it isn't how I expected)
I am thankful for my health. (Others suffer every day)
I am thankful for the opportunities I've been given. (Some far beyond what I could imagine)
I am thankful for the people in my life who love me. (And some who don't)
I am thankful for love - the abilitiy to give and receive it. (Even though I don't always feel it)
I am thankful for redemption. (Nothing is wasted)
I am thankful for the bigger picture. (When I get hung up on right now)
I am thankful for things that I cannot see. (They are still real)
I am thankful for pleasure and beauty. (One moment at a time)
I am thankful for my job and a boss who is good to me. (Bad days could be worse)
I am thankful that I have been spared from destructive people and things. (In spite of my own choices)
I am thankful that God knows my name. (He doesn't give up)

Even in brokenness and failure, I am still thankful for the experience.

No comments: